While it may seem like a huge headache, many times water damage can be cleaned up quickly and easily. After a flood is over, you must immediately begin the task of cleaning up your home.
But before any clean up begins you need to….
- check with your insurance company about your coverage and filing requirements
- do a quick inspection of the damaged area
- look for a professional water damage repair contractor
WATER DAMAGE? CALL 509.547.8777 NOW! 24/7 SERVICE.
PICKING A WATER DAMAGE PROFESSIONAL
If you do choose to hire a cleaning and restoration company please keep in mind the following:
- The restoration contract should include a statement and description of work to be performed.
- Never choose a water damage contractor if you feel pressured or forced into signing with him or her. – There is always another person to do the job.
- Save all receipts for your insurance provider
- Ask for references if you have any second doubts
- Do not sign a completion form until you are totally satisfied.
Insurance & Home Repairs
Once the water damage has been cleaned up you now must investigate and fix any repairs to your home. Remember that your insurance may cover your repairs in the event of a flood. Be sure to document all expense including lodging and meals if needed. The more documentation the better so that you can save as much as possible.
Water Damage is no fun, but remember to use common sense and take your time and you will not have any problems.